As the year draws to a close we take a look back at the year that was and have nominated four players from each position for your team of the year.
We have included players based on their club and test form, particularly their form at the Rugby World Cup in Japan.
In case you missed them, we selected the four nominees for Loosehead prop, Hooker, tighthead prop, the no.4 lock, no.5 lock, Blindside Flanker, Openside Flanker, No.8, Scrumhalf, Flyhalf, Left Wing, Inside Centre and Outside Centre
Select your right wing:
Cheslin Kolbe - South Africa
- Won the Top 14 with Toulouse
- Reached the Semi-Finals of the Champions Cup
- Cemented a starting role in the Springbok line up
- Won the Rugby Championship with South Africa
- Set up the try that secured a draw against New Zealand
- Starred at the Rugby World Cup, scoring in the final
Sevu Reece - New Zealand
- Enjoyed a breakout Super Rugby season with the Crusaders
- Scored 15 tries in his debut season as the Crusaders won their third consecutive title
- Made his test debut and secured a starting role during the World Cup
- Scored two tries in four World Cup games
- Beat 17 defenders at the World Cup
Kotaro Matsushima - Japan
- Missed Super Rugby as he prepared for the World Cup
- Scored five tries in as many games at the World Cup, including a hattrick against Russia
- Helped Japan reach the playoffs for the first time
Damian Penaud - France
- Starred for Clermont who won the Challenge Cup and reached the final of the Top 14.
- Scored two tries in the Six Nations, assisting another and was one France's best in the competition.
- Stood out for France at the World Cup and assisted two tries.