As the year draws to a close we take a look back at the year that was and have nominated four players from each position for your team of the year.
We have included players based on their club and test form, particularly their form at the Rugby World Cup in Japan.
In case you missed them, we selected the four nominees for Loosehead prop, Hooker, tighthead prop, the no.4 lock, no.5 lock, Blindside Flanker, Openside Flanker, No.8, Scrumhalf, Flyhalf and Left Wing
We move onto the midfield:
Damian de Allende - South Africa
- Had a strong Super Rugby season despite the Stormers disappointing.
- Starred as the Springboks won the Rugby Championship and World Cup
- Was a standout for the Springboks during the World Cup
Samu Kerevi - Australia
- Had an outstanding Super Rugby season with the Reds.
- Secured a major move to Sungoliath.
- Was the Wallabies most impactful player throughout the year.
Manu Tuilagi - England
- Was in excellent form for England in the Six Nations scoring two tries
- Starred at inside and outside centre during the World Cup
- He scored three tries to help England reach the World Cup Final.
- A standout for the Chiefs in an injury-hit season.
- Secured a starting role with the All Blacks alongside Jack Goodhue
- Averaged 5.6 defenders beaten during the World Cup
- Made 284 running metres (13th highest in the World Cup)
- Helped the All Blacks finish third.