As the year draws to a close we take a look back at the year that was and have nominated four players from each position for your team of the year.
We have included players based on their club and test form, particularly their form at the Rugby World Cup in Japan.
Dan Biggar - Wales
- Starred for Saints as they reached the Premiership playoffs and qualify for Champions Cup.
- Worked with well with Gareth Anscombe as Wales won the Six Nations Grand Slam
- Stepped up for Wales in the World Cup when Anscombe was injured.
- Starred in the World Cup as Wales finished fourth.
Owen Farrell - England
- Won the Champions Cup and Premiership with Saracens.
- Top points scorer in the Champions Cup
- Top points scorer in the 6 Nations
- Starred for England in the World Cup
- Helped England to the World Cup Final.
Handre Pollard - South Africa
- Joint most try assists in Super Rugby and top points scorer.
- Helped the Bulls to the Super Rugby playoffs
- Top points scorer at the Rugby World Cup
- Man of the match in the semi-final
- Won the World Cup
Richie Mo'unga - New Zealand
- Guided the Crusaders to their third consecutive Super Rugby title
- Claimed a starting role with the All Blacks, shifting Beauden Barrett to fullback
- Put in fine performances during the World Cup